Typhoon Texas' Hours
Please click here to see our operating calendar for times and dates. Hours and ride availability subject to change without notice.
Typhoon Texas offers a variety of ticket options. See our tickets page HERE for information and prices on daily admission tickets and season passes.
Toddlers & Infants
Children 2 years and under are admitted free with an accompanying paying adult. Season Passes are not required for children under the age of 2.
REFUND POLICY ON DAILY TICKETS AND SEASON PASSES
Admission tickets and Season Passes are non-refundable for any reason after the order transaction is complete at the Front Gate, online through our website, or other retail outlets. This includes weather related events. Please check local weather conditions prior to planning your visit. Unprocessed Season Passes (those still in e-ticket or voucher form which have not been exchanged for a wristband ) may be transferred to another individual. All unused day tickets expire on September 05, 2024. All Season Passes, processed or unprocessed, during the current season without value expire on September 24, 2024.
Inclement Weather Policy
Typhoon Texas remains open during periods of rain. However, if high winds or lightning is detected within a certain radius of the park, park guests will be asked to stay out of the water for safety reasons until the weather has cleared.
Operations of all attractions and/or pools will be temporarily suspended for your safety if there are heavy rains, electrical storms or other severe weather conditions in the area. If severe weather persists, Typhoon Texas, at its sole discretion, may determine park closure.
If the park closes due to inclement weather for more than 1 hour, only those who have a valid purchase receipt will be given a ONE-TIME use Rainy Day Admission ticket. Season Pass holders are not eligible for rain checks. Refunds on fast pass and lockers will not be issued due to inclement weather. Rain day tickets will no longer be issued after 3:oo p.m.
Parking is FREE at Typhoon Texas!!
Bag Checks Upon Entry
The safety of our guests and associates is our number one priority, and we have implemented several enhanced security procedures at all entrance gates. As part of the process:
- All bags, purses, backpacks, waist packs, etc. will be examined prior to entering.
- Sharp objects (including pocketknives and metal chains), firearms, glass containers, projectile items, unauthorized floatation devices, or other items that could be considered a weapon are strictly prohibited and should be left at home or secured in your vehicle.
- Please see our separate FAQ on outside food and beverages.
For guest safety and to ensure proper items are being brought inside the park, our staff at the main gate will inspect all bags, totes, and purses. These items will NOT be allowed in the park, please leave them in your car.
We use a variety of methods in securing our parks including uniformed officers and video surveillance monitoring.
Typhoon Texas does not tolerate guests who fight and/or harass other guests or team members while on our property. People who engage in this behavior are subject to being ejected and potentially banned from the park and may be subject to arrest by local police.
Appropriate Attire at the Park
Typhoon Texas has dress code rules and regulations that are for the safety of our guests and employees. These rules apply to all guests regardless of their age, sex, religion, race, color, or creed. Failure to comply with any part of the dress code rules and regulations may result in ejection from the park without a refund.
In keeping with a family-friendly environment, the Park prohibits clothing that would tend to be offensive and/or too revealing. This includes the following rules, which may also be supplemented on a case-by-case basis as determined by the Park, in its good faith discretion and without further notice:
- Appropriate swimwear is required and subject to park approval.
- Tube and mat rides require that guests are free from loose items, jewelry, denim, cut-off shorts and eyewear.
- Swimwear should be lined and may not be transparent at any time.
- Children in diapers and those being toilet trained must wear approved swim diapers in the water.
- Revealing swim wear and thong or t-back swim wear bottoms will not be permitted. Thong swimsuits (tops and bottoms MUST BE FAMILY FRIENDLY).
- No undergarments may be visible at any time.
- No provocative clothing or offensive language. Guests may not display anything that contains obscene, foul, profane, illegal, or unacceptable language, pictures, symbols, phrases, etc.
- Fins, snorkels, and goggles with attached nose guard are not allowed.
- For safety reasons and to prevent property damage of rides and attractions, the Park prohibits cotton t-shirts, cut-off jeans, denim shorts, clothing/swimwear with metal rivets or spikes, metal fasteners or buckles, or belts.
- Shoes of any kind are not allowed on any water slide or tube rides.
- The Park prohibits any jewelry that may pose a hazard to the rider, other guests, the rides itself, or other property. Prohibited items may include: bulky, protruding or dangling jewelry (e.g., large hoop earrings which could snag on something, long necklaces which can pose a strangulation hazard, bulky rings, and any piercings that could snag or catch on equipment).
- If your clothing or swimwear does not comply with park rules and regulations, appropriate attire is available for purchase in our general stores located at entrance, on Main Street by the refill station, and on the island by Ray’s Pizza.
Lockers are available and we strongly suggest rental for storage of valuable items such as wallets, phones, and car keys. Typhoon Texas is not responsible for lost, stolen, or damaged items. This includes items purchased at Typhoon Texas. We have 2 locations where lockers can be rented for the day. Lockers can be accessed multiple times throughout the day as well. Locker rentals take credit/debit cards and cash. Lockers across from River grill are: $20 for large (23.5"H x 14"W x 19.5"D) and $10 for small (14"H x 14"W x 19.5D). Lockers on Typhoon Junior Island are $20 for large (22.5”H x 12”W x 18.5”D) and $10 for small (13”H x 12”W x 18”D)
Outside food and beverage and coolers
We offer many delicious food items at reasonable prices. However, if you wish to bring your own food, you are welcome to get your hand stamped, exit the park, enjoy your meal and re-enter the park.
All bags and towels will be searched prior to the park entrance. Typhoon Texas does not allow outside food or beverages in the park under any circumstances with the following exceptions.
Water Bottles – Guests are allowed one Factory-Sealed water bottle per person. Any refillable water bottles should be empty before entering the bag check line.
Coolers – small lunch-sized coolers are permitted to carry ice and factory-sealed water bottles only. Hard-side coolers larger than personal, handheld coolers are not permitted and should be left at home or in your vehicle as they will not be allowed inside the park.
Toddlers & Infants – One small sandwich bag with a single portion of toddler snacks may be brought in per child, a small juice box or infant formula is permitted. Packaged snacks are not permitted. We offer snack options for purchase at Hlavinka’s and other retail locations in the park. Kid’s snack boxes are sold at Ray’s Pizza.
Medical Needs – Guests that require medical and allergy accommodation should stop at Guest Relations when they arrive at the park so we may accommodate your needs.
FOOD ALLERGIES OR DIETARY RESTRICTIONS
Guests who suffers from serious food allergies or life-threatening allergies may bring food into the park ONLY if their allergies do not allow the consumption of the menu options available. In this case, the food must be limited to the individual with the allergy and may be contained in a small zip lock bag. Please see the bag check Team Member at Typhoon Texas Houston. Guests may obtain a hand stamp and exit the park to consume food items stored in coolers in their vehicle.
Season pass holders please visit Guest Relations to speak with management about obtaining a special circumstance card.
We serve gluten-friendly pizza and Italian Ice at Ray's Pizzeria. Typhoon Salad, Side Salad, and fruit cups are available at Smokehouse or River Grill. ICEE’s at ICEE Corral are also a GF option.
SMOKING IN PARK IS NOT PERMITTED
Smoking of any kind, including vape and e-cigarettes, is not permitted inside Typhoon Texas. Medical marijuana is strictly prohibited in the park or in the parking lot. For the comfort of all guests, smoking is only permitted in the designated smoking area located outside of the exit gate. A waste receptacle is available for disposal of items. Please speak with our Team Members for additional guidance on location of designated smoking area.
ALCOHOLIC BEVERAGE CONSUMPTION IN THE PARK
No alcoholic beverages may be brought into the park. Guests must be at least 21 years of age to purchase, possess or consume alcoholic beverages at Typhoon Texas Waterpark.
A valid state-issued identification or driver's license is required for each person purchasing, possessing or consuming alcoholic beverages.
Alcoholic beverages must be fully consumed or discarded on the premise where served. Alcoholic beverages are not permitted in line for any ride.
Typhoon Texas reserves the right to stop service to those who appear impaired. All liquor sales stops one hour prior to posted park closing.
ANIMALS IN THE PARK?
- No animals of any kind are allowed in the park, except for legally defined service dogs or as may otherwise be required by law to assist those with disabilities as defined by the Americans with Disabilities Act or other applicable laws.
- You will be required to verify it’s a legally qualifying service animal.
- Verified service animals are prohibited from going into or on any water ride or attractions, because of hygiene and safety concerns.
- You are responsible for controlling and cleaning up after your service animal. If your animal needs to go to the bathroom, please take them to an area off to the side on a grassy area, away from other patrons. Please ask a staff member to where your animal might be directed.
- You may be asked to leave the park if your service animal poses a threat to persons or property if it’s unruly, threatening, aggressive, barking, snarling, biting or if you are unable to control your animal at all times.
- If an animal is left in a car while patrons are inside the park, Animal Control will be contacted and may forcibly enter your vehicle in order to attend to the health or safety needs of the animal. You will be responsible to pay any costs involved with the rescue of a pet left in a car and may possibly face animal cruelty charges from local authorities.
PHOTOGRAPHY/VIDEOGRAPHY EQUIPMENT AND DRONES IN THE PARK
- Guests are welcome to take pictures of themselves, family members, friends and their group for their own personal use.
- It is not permitted to take photographs of others who object, or violate another’s privacy, rights to publicity, or are considered harassing, stalking or threatening.
- Photos and recordings are strictly prohibited in bathrooms, changing rooms, locker areas, and in the water. Park management reserves the right to take away the camera or recorder and violators may be held for law enforcement and be subject to arrest and prosecution.
- Typhoon Texas management reserves the right to stop picture taking or video recording and confiscate any inappropriate material.
- By entering the park, you have given Typhoon Texas the right to videotape and take still photography images that may be used in marketing, advertising, news reporting, promotions and social media. All property ownership of such materials, and copyright in and to all such materials, shall belong exclusively to Typhoon Texas in perpetuity, without any compensation or other consideration to any guest or other person in, on or around the park property.
- If filming or photography is taking place and you do not want to be included, please notify a park staff member or photo/film crew.
- Request for commercial photography of any kind requires advanced park permission and a signed contract by park management.
- Professional photography equipment for the purpose of videotaping
- Any unapproved or unauthorized video or images uploaded to any social media channel shall be removed. Any materials which defame the park may result in legal action for damages.
- Use of drones (in, over, or around the waterpark), whether for photographic purposes or otherwise, is strictly prohibited (unless the user has been granted written, contractual permission for that specific instance from an officer of the waterpark or its parent entity). Violations may subject the user to immediate ejection, confiscation of the drone, and referral of the matter to authorities. Drones are a serious safety hazard to ride operations, park operations (including electrical facilities), and to the park’s guests and personnel. Use of drones in, over or around the park, also constitutes an illegal trespass, an invasion of the park’s privacy, and tortious interference to our operations.
POLICY FOR UNACCOMPANIED MINORS, PARENTS AND GUARDIANS OF MINORS
- Children 12 and under may not be at the park without adult supervision.
- It is strongly recommended that minors be accompanied by an adult at all times.
- The park does not assume any responsibility or liability for unattended minors.
- Children and the behavior of all minors are the sole responsibility of their parent(s) or guardian(s), in which the parents/guardians may be held legally liable for all acts of the children under their care.
- Anyone choosing to leave their minor(s) at the park is still responsible for them —in no event does the park assume that responsibility.
- Minors in violation of park rules may be ejected, detained or have their season pass revoked without refund.
- While Typhoon Texas will attempt to contact a minor’s parent/guardian to have them picked up – the park is not responsible if a minor leaves the property, or for anything that occurs after a minor has left the park grounds.
- If a parent or guardian is trying to locate an unaccompanied minor in the park, please alert a team member. Typhoon Texas does not assume responsibility for minors not answering calls.
- Lost children zone is at the front of the park, at the administration building next to Guest Relations. Typhoon Texas does not utilize a public paging system. Please pre-arrange a set meeting place and time with those members of your group should you become separated or lost.
- All guests must behave in a courteous manner to park staff and other park guests.
- Guests fighting, using profanity, offensive or abusive language, symbols or gestures will be ejected from the park without refund.
- Guests are not permitted to save places in line, bypass others in line, line jump, or exit the line and return to the same place.
- Safety is our number one priority. Height and weight restrictions are posted for all attractions and enforced.
- Please read safety signs and follow the directions of the lifeguards and park employees at all times.
- Children 12 and under are not permitted in the park without a supervising adult. Minors (under 16) should be accompanied by an adult. Park does not assume any responsibility or liability for unattended minors.
- Guests under 48″ or who are weak or non-swimmers should wear Coast Guard approved lifejackets where appropriate. Complimentary life vests are provided in the park for our guests.
- In the wave pool, we suggest 42″ and under wear a lifejacket and be accompanied by an adult. We insist that parents keep their children within arms-reach for their close supervision on all water activities.
- Life jackets are provided at the park free of charge. Personal flotation devices brought into the allowed for use must carry the U.S. Coast Guard stamp of approval.
- Guests may not bring in inflatables such as rafts, swim rings or water wings.
- Diving is not permitted in any pool or attraction at the park.
- No running in any areas.
- No standing on fences, tables or chairs.
Proof of Identification for a credit card transaction
For security purposes, guests must provide an I.D. that matches the name on the credit card when purchasing admission tickets at the ticket windows. When processing tickets that are purchased online, the credit card that was used to purchase and the I.D. must be provided at the window. We do this to protect your credit card account and to decrease fraudulent charges.
Wear water shoes
Water shoes are allowed to be worn around the park as the pavement can get hot. We encourage you to protect your feet. They may NOT be worn on any of the following rides: any Duelin' Daltons slides, any Snake Pit slides, Lone Star Racers, or The Gully Washer. Water shoes can cause unwanted friction on the slide that could result in injury to the rider. Please do as the lifeguards ask. Water shoes ARE allowed to be worn on both Monster Storm rides, Lazy T River, and Tidal Wave Bay.
Shoe cubbies are provided throughout the park, near the ride entrance. Shoes should be placed away from walkways to prevent trips and falls. Shoes left at the shoe cubbies are left at your own risk. Typhoon Texas does not assume liability for items left at these stands.
Lost or Forgotten Wristband
You will not be allowed to enter the park without your wristband. You will be charged a $10.00 + tax fee to replace the wristband you left at home or lost and that one will be deactivated, and the new wristband will be the only one that will be allowed to be used. No exceptions.
LEAVING AND RETURNING TO THE PARK
Visitors can exit and re-enter the water park. At the exit gate, request a hand stamp. Guests may re-enter the park at the main gate by showing the hand stamp. Any guests caught abusing or violating this process may be asked to provide their ticket purchase receipt.
UPGRADE DAILY ADMISSION TICKET TO A SUMMER PASS
Any admission ticket purchase on the Typhoon Texas website or in park purchases may be upgraded. Visit our Guest Relation window and upgrade your pass to a season pass. You can only upgrade the same day the daily admissions ticket is used. You will just pay the difference of the daily ticket and the season pass price. Proof of purchase must be presented to be able to make the upgrade.
Tickets purchased through consignment or at any other venue are not subject to upgrades.
There will not be a “Family Pass”. All season passes are individual and non-transferable as they have a photo associated with them.
No. All sales are final. Please check local weather conditions prior to planning your visit.
Lost or stolen items that were left unattended cannot be replaced. Typhoon Texas is not responsible for personal property that was left unattended. Please see the locker information above for rentals.
Season Pass Information
Guests are required to have a picture on file for security reasons. This image is used internally at Typhoon Texas for confirmation purposes and is kept confidential. Season Pass bands are not to be shared.
I FORGOT TO COME OR COULDN'T MAKE IT TO THE DATE OF MY CHOOSE-YOUR-DAY TICKET. WHAT DO I DO?
Upgrading to an Any-Day Admission is simple. Please contact our office about upgrading your ticket. You’ll just pay the difference between the price of the tickets you purchased and the price of Any-Day Admission, but you’ll then be able to enjoy the park at the time most convenient for you!
PROMO CODE WHEN PURCHASING A CHOOSE-YOUR-DAY TICKET
No additional discounts may be applied to Choose-Your-Day Tickets, and these offers may not be combined with any others.
What do I do with the tickets I have purchased online?
Once you’ve purchased your tickets for Typhoon Texas, you’re good to go! Please come directly to the front grate entrance, enter, and enjoy the park! There’s no need to visit the front gate windows unless you’d like to make your visit even more memorable by purchasing a Fast Pass, a Drink Pass, or cabana rental.
** Screenshots of your digital ticket will not be accepted. You must present a printed copy of your ticket or the actual email in which the ticket was sent.
INCLEMENT WEATHER POLICY
Typhoon Texas remains open during periods of rain. However, operations of all attractions and/or pools will be temporarily suspended for your safety if there are heavy rains, electrical storms, or other severe weather conditions in the area. Rainy Day tickets will be issued if attractions and pools are temporarily closed due to rain or storm for more than 1 hour. Once attractions and pools resume operations, rainy day tickets will no longer be issued. Refunds are not provided if a park closure due to rain occurs. You must be present to receive the rainy day ticket on the same day of the inclement weather.
MY TICKET ISN'T SCANNING AT THE GATE
In the very rare case that your ticket is not scanning at the gate please be prepared to show the credit/debit card used to make the purchase and a photo ID.
· Season pass holders must present their passes to gain entrance into the park. Pass entry is valid once a day. Do not share your season pass….Share your pass, lose your pass!
· Guests who leave the park and plan to return must get a re-admission hand stamp before they leave the park at the exit gate. Re-entry is at the main gate.
SPECTATOR OR NON-PARTICIPANT TICKET
Typhoon Texas is a clean, safe, and entertaining experience and all guests who enter the park must pay the admission fee. Clean restrooms, shaded seating, security, and many other amenities are all included in the price of admission.
GROUPS & CORPORATE EVENTS/PARTIES/GATHERINGS
Groups of 15-49 may be eligible for discounted admission tickets as well as food and beverage packages. Groups of 50 or more have options for pavilions space as well as a catered event. We have many options for different types of groups including Youth Groups, Schools, Church Groups, Scouts and more. For more information contact email@example.com with the following information:
- Zip Code:
- Estimated Head Count:
- Preferred Date:
- Contact phone #:
Only Coast Guard approved life jackets are allowed as flotation devices. Typhoon Texas provides life jackets for all guests who are inexperienced or non-swimmers. Life jackets are provided free of charge for guests who require one on a first come first served basis. Life jacket stations are located throughout the park at entrances to some of our attractions.
MY OWN FLOATATION DEVICES (EX: CHILDREN’S ARM FLOATS, INFLATABLE TUBES)
Typhoon Texas has life jackets available at no charge. You can bring your own life jackets or personal floatation devices as long as they are US Coast Guard-approved. Swimsuits with built-in flotation devices are acceptable as long as they are US Coast Guard-approved. Arm floatation devices are not a lifesaving device and are not allowed. Outside tubes are not allowed for the safety of all guests.
MY OWN FOLDING CHAIRS, UMBRELLAS, WATER TOYS
These outside items are not allowed into the park. Typhoon Texas offers lounge chairs, on a first come first serve basis or you may choose to rent a private cabana or shade lounger.
Typhoon Texas is private property and we do not allow firearms, weapons, glass containers, projectile items, food, beverage, and unauthorized floatation devices. For guest safety and to ensure proper items are being brought inside the park, our staff at the main gate may inspect bags, totes and purses.
Other Prohibited Items
- Weapons of any kind, fireworks, explosives, or ammunition.
- Lawn Furniture, chairs, umbrellas
- Safety pins
- Glass objects or bottles, including perfume and makeup bottles
- Alcoholic beverages
- Food, snacks or beverages of any kind
- Coolers, rolling and non-rolling that is larger than a personal cooler.
- Metal objects, spiked clothing, etc.
- Radios, speakers, musical instruments.
- Banners, Boards, Flags, Megaphones
- Skateboards, Segways, bicycles, roller skates or other mobile devices (with exception to wheelchairs and ADA scooters).
- Toys of any kind, specifically water toys.
- Baby flotation devices, arm floaties. Any flotation device that is not labeled US Coast Guard approved.
First Aid Station
Please see the park map for the location of the first aid station. It is located at the back of the park by Duelin’ Daltons and is clearly identified by a “FIRST AID” sign. If you have problems locating the first aid station, please ask any lifeguard or Typhoon Texas team member.
Typhoon Texas Donation
Typhoon Texas is a proud contributor in the community. Each season we set aside a limited number of complimentary tickets for donation requests. Donations will be provided in the form of complimentary admission tickets. However, because Typhoon Texas is a popular waterpark and receives numerous requests for donations, the following guidelines must be followed to ensure fairness and to maximize the benefits given to the community.
We are happy to donate admission tickets under the following guidelines to qualified non-profit organizations: Requests must be made by mail at least 30 days before, and no more than three months before the event. The organization requesting a donation must be non-profit. The organization requesting tickets must be within a 100-mile radius (1-1/2 hour drive of the park).
The park will only donate to raffles or auctions (no cash donations). All submissions must be printed on official organizational letterhead. No photocopies will be accepted. Must include non-profit ID number, event date, type of fundraising activity, purpose of event, how the tickets will be used, and the organization’s phone numbers and email address, self-addressed stamped envelope.
Only one request, per organization, will be fulfilled per calendar year. Complimentary tickets will not be exchanged if tickets were not used by their expiration date.
Mail requests to: Typhoon Texas Waterpark Attn: Donations 24616 Kingsland Blvd., Katy, TX 77494
Submitting a request does not guarantee a donation will be provided. Please do not call regarding status of your request. Please plan to allow up to 25 days to receive a donation. Declined requests will not receive a response.
- Prices and operating schedule are subject to change without notice.
- All attractions are subject to temporary maintenance, safety or inclement weather shutdowns.
- Locker rental is available for your convenience. Please do not leave valuables unattended.
- Typhoon Texas accepts no responsibility for the loss or damage of any personal items.
- Season Pass holders must present their passes to gain entrance to the Park. Season passes are not transferable or refundable. Share your pass…Lose your pass.
- Season Pass entry is only valid once a day. Guests who leave the park and plan to return must have their hand stamped at the exit gate.
- Park management reserves the right to ask guests who violate any policy to leave the waterpark.
- Park Rules & Regulations are not comprehensive and are subject to change without notice.
- The Park may have numerous additional rules and procedures applicable to guests which, if not followed, may subject the guest to ejection without refund.
- Failure to follow these rules and use common sense may result in serious injury to yourself and/or others and perhaps even expulsion from the park.